WTW Cinemas Standard Terms & Conditions
Our standard conditions of ticket purchase are as follows:
1. The management reserve the right to refuse admission and/or require a customer to leave the premises when requested. Any abuse, either physical or verbal, will not be tolerated in any form. Aggressive, threatening or abusive behaviour or language can result in the police and/or security being called, and a ban (up to a lifetime) from all WTW Cinemas. CCTV is used for the purposes of public safety and crime prevention.
2. If forced to do so by circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to; cancel a performance, vary the film, vary the start-time or change a seat allocation. In such circumstances our liability will be limited to the refund of the cost of the ticket purchase only, and is in all cases is at our discretion. Any incidental costs (such as but not limited to, parking fees, concessions sales, booking fees) are the customers sole responsibility.
3. In all circumstances tickets are non-transferrable, exchangeable or refundable less than 24 hours before the programme time printed on the ticket or booking. Transferred, exchanged or cancelled tickets are liable to transfer/cancellation charges. To transfer, exchange or cancel tickets, please contact the cinema in question and all such transactions are at the discretion of the duty manager and/or head office. Any requests for refunds for cancelled or missed performances must be made in writing to the appropriate cinema, no later than 7 days after the performance date.
4. Pre-booked tickets made online or via the telephone are liable to a booking fee (up to a maximum of £3.50). There is no booking fee for tickets purchased over the counter at the cinema.
5. WTW Cinemas are not responsible for any lost or stolen tickets, 3D glasses or concessions sales products.
6. 3D films are liable to additional charges and 3D glasses (which will be charged for) will be required. For further information contact the cinema you wish to visit.
7. All WTW Cinemas participate in MEERKAT MOVIES from comparethemarket.com. Terms and conditions apply, see http://www.comparethemarket.com/information/meerkat-movies-terms/ for a full set of terms of conditions. WTW Cinemas take no responsibility for any missing codes or fees should entry not be possible. Pre-booked tickets are not able to be exchanged for use with MEERKAT MOVIES.
8. Both the purchaser AND ticket holder(s) are required to observe the decisions made by the British Board Of Film Classification (BBFC) for the film exhibited. All WTW Cinemas adhere to the rules and decisions of the BBFC. For further information visit www.bbfc.co.uk
9. Photographic proof of age may be required for entry for all 12A, 15 and 18 certificate films. Photographic proof of age is limited to UK passport, UK driving license or UK citizen card. Failure to produce photo proof of age on request (including on pre-booked tickets) will result in refused entry. The word of an accompanying adult is NOT proof of age, and any attempts to admit under age viewers are not permitted and the police and/or security may be called. NO PHOTO ID, NO ENTRY.
10. Children under 3 years are not admitted, unless for a specified parent & baby screening.
11. Alcohol and/or other substances may be not brought onto cinema premises from outside. Any person(s) bringing alcohol and/or other substances on to the premises will be refused entry. Any person(s) arriving at the premises under the influence of alcohol and/or other substances will be refused entry and the police and/or security may be called.
12. WTW Cinemas reserve the right to inspect the contents of customer’s bags, etc. for security reasons, banned items and illegal substances.
13. Smoking (including electronic cigarettes) is not permitted in any part of the premises.
14. WTW Cinemas ask that mobile telephones/cameras/pagers/tablets are switched off when entering an auditorium.
15. Any visual or sound recording is illegal, and the police will be called if any person(s) be caught doing so. The right to use night vision and recording apparatus to monitor the audience is reserved at any time.
16. WTW Cinemas are not responsible for errors in information received from third parties, including newspapers. These third parties may include a number of website listings that do not receive any information from WTW Cinemas. Our official website at www.wtwcinemas.co.uk should always be checked for current, accurate program times.
17. WTW Cinemas reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Any amendments will take effect when published on www.wtwcinemas.co.uk
Nothing in these Terms affects your Statutory rights as a consumer or excludes or limits our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or for any other liability which we cannot exclude or limit under law but otherwise our liability if you purchase a ticket shall be limited to the price paid by you for it.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by WTW Cinemas and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of WTW Cinemas. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, WTW Cinemas takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
We are commited to safeguarding your personal information that you may choose to share with us when using this website.
Use of Your Personal Information
The information you provide to us, as described above, will not be shared with any third party – including people and data networks. We may use your supplied email address to send occasional, non-intrusive, promotional emails as well as weekly film times. You can manage these subscriptions online, and can remove your data by surrendering the service subscription at any time. If you choose to use the Membership functions of the website, our system may remember some key indicators such as: the films you have watched, the time and date of your visits, what you chose to purchase at the concessions stand. We collate this information so we can personalise the offers we may send you, and also so you can see your activity through your Membership history. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act, WTW Cinemas Ltd is the Data Controller.
Neither this website, nor WTW Cinemas Ltd, collects any financial information you may provide. Financial data provided during the booking process (such as your credit card number) is neither stored, nor shared with WTW Cinemas by any means. WTW Cinemas Ltd do not have access to credit/debit card numbers, and cannot search for bookings using the number alone, unless the card is presented at the cinema box office.
Other Sites & Third Parties
This website may contain links to other websites. WTW Cinemas Ltd accept no responsibility for any personal information that you may choose to provide to any third party linked from this website.
If you need to contact us by Telephone, we don’t track or record your call in any way.
In-Cinema Data Collection
We do not allow any third parties to collect any form of data on our premises or in our name.
We reserve the right to use CCTV and recording equipment on our premises, including foyers and auditoria, for the protection of our customers, our staff and our business. Recorded images are kept for 30 days, in line with local authority requirements. Recorded images may be disseminated to law enforcement officials where requested, and WTW Cinemas comply with all requests for dissemination where applicable. Recorded images are never shared with any other third party, or anybody not associated with law enforcement.
Occasionally, we may undertake local postcode surveys. The purpose of this is to establish the reach of our audience and to see where you are coming from to visit us. The allows us to establish parameters such as our local market share. Participation is always optional. Postcodes surveyed are not shared with any person outside of the company and are used solely as a demographical exercise.
Your Right to Access
You have the right to request a copy of the data we hold about you at any time. To make such a request, please go to the contact section on our website and contact the relevant cinema. In line with the GDPR, we will not make a charge for this and will return all queries within one calendar month.
We hold your Personal Data for as long as you hold a membership with us, be it online or in-cinema, which you have the right to terminate at any time.
Your Right of Complaint
You have the right to complain to the ICO if you believe there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
Data Controllers & Data Processors
For the purposes of the GDPR, the data controller is WTW Cinemas Ltd. For the purposes of the GDPR, the Data Processor is Jack Roe (CS) Ltd (Trading as Jacro Cinema Sales) for in-cinema ePos and advance booking.
In the event you wish to contact us about any of the above or wish to request a copy of the Data we hold about you, please use the Contact form on the ‘Contact’ pages of this website. Please note that in line with the Data Protection Act, we may opt to levy a charge for held Data requests. These levies will be communicated to you before we process your request.
WTW Cinemas Ltd